Stream of conciousness and other personal thoughts garnered throughout the week and which will be added to as the week rolls on. These thoughts are unrefined, unquantified, unverified, and raw. Any of these may be either be edited, deleted or otherwise spawn out into it’s own separate post…
- My intuition is signalling a potential medium term bull trap warning in the financial markets globally. Again though, “who the flip knows?” would be pertinent statement in this situation. I’d say the secular sideways market actually started back in 2018. The correction was a long time coming and even then, surprised it hasn’t tanked further than it has before doing it’s first reversal
- The streets over the Easter Break were full of people along with family groups walking and riding around the neighbourhood enjoying the sunny weather.
- The #nz:matrix.org channel had E2E Encryption enabled by one of the Mods (an action that can’t be reversed at present). At the moment, not too sure I favour doing this for a channel that is intended to be publicly accessible and viewable by the public anyway. Currently, considering where to drive this… Will let current room members ultimately gauge how they feel about it. Picking I will retain the current now encrypted channel for more discrete and casual banter and then create a new unencrypted channel for Public NZ discussions and easier community on boarding. Technically, should be fairly easy to swap over if needed.
- It’s not just COVID-19 we all have to be mindful of I feel. It feels as if we are also losing the war against influenza with the Flu shot seemingly showing a trend of gradual loss of efficacy over the years. There’s been a few anecdotes last year of Influenza outbreaks (Causing several deaths) in several rest homes across the United States despite vaccinating all their residents along with Nurses at those facilities exclaiming how useless the vaccine was. In that vein, yes I’d expect that the physical distancing (“Social distancing”) measures implemented will become mainstream for years to come after COVID-19 subsides, particularly in the flu seasons.
- Anecdotally, would seem the Earth has started to heal, but it’s early days yet.
- It is also probably a time for making us more mindful of what actually matters most to us.
With all these layers of software infrastructure and application development. What really is the point? Would this ultimately extend human life and make it more meaningful? We appear to be getting to that crest where we are using tools for the sake of it. Have we lost sight of the more root objective?
To add: This popped up on HackerNews… Ask HN.
- That said, have recently dropped Hacker-News from my personal links and from my daily visitation. I feel there has been a bit of probable Astroturfing and too many short “Wow! This is so cool!” type posts that add little to the discussion. There are indeed still some good posts and comments to read, but the time spent sifting out the good from the pointless became just a bit too much for me personally (Seems to be something that befalls all Internet forums admittedly)
Older Stream of Conciousness thoughts can be found here.